The Car – BMW 318is Coupe
The car was purchased, part prepared, and jon has been modifying the car ever since. We’ve designed and manufactured our own Kwikrack, to increase the turning lock, we’ve also designed and made the gear linkage system. Most of the panels are now fibre glass to reduce weight. The original engine was a 1800cc BMW block, Jon has just finished fitting a 2litre vauxhall (redtop) which has increased our acceleration and top end speed.
- The body is built from a 1991 318is coupe.
- Selective seam welding.
- Strengthened front turret top.
- Strengthened rear suspension damper tops.
- Spare wheel well removed.
- Fibre glass front doors.
- Fibre glass boot and bonet.
- Sparco roll cage (12 point bolt in typre).
- Competition seats.
- Five point harnesses.
- Plumbed in fire extinguisher.
- Hand held fire extinguisher.
- Custom made front strut brace.
- Polycarbonate side and rear windows.
- Bilstein 40 mm competition inserts
- Strut outer casings modified to take 2.25 inch springs including height adjusters.
- Bilstein competition rear dampers (ford mk2) converted to take 2.25 inch springs ncluding height adjusters.
- Pro-flex bushes fitted on the front wish bone assembley, standard bushes every where else.
- Rear wishbones strengthen.
- Rrear beam modification to allow for the rear camber to be altered
- Standard front calipers using mintex 1144 brake pads.
- Cross drill and grooved front disks.
- Rear brakes as standard.
- Bias peddal box fitted (servo removed).
- Braided hoses throughout.
- Getrag 262 close ratio gearbox (from a BMW M535i) dog leg first gear 1:1 fifth gear.
- Medium size rear lsd diff modified ramp angles including multi-plate conversion, with a 4.40 crown and pinion ratio.
- Propshaft off a BMW E36 325i lengthened by 100mm.
- 9 gallon alloy fuel tank mounted in the boot.
- Twin high pressure fuel pumps.
- FSE power boost valve.
- Standard Vauxhall C20xe (2.0l 16v) engine.
- Custom made engine mounts brackets.
- Engine mounts mk1 land rover gearbox.
- 4 branch exhaust manifold made – custom made into a 2.25 inche twin box system.
- Throttle bodies + pipercross air filter.
- Emerald programable ecu.
- 160 BHP.
- 150 lb/ft touque.